AquaStep Ultraviolet Sterilizer
For use in the following applications: Installed in a hanging position or underneath aquarium tanks to kill disease causing micro-organisms. Also use inside pond filters or skimmers to kill free floating algae.
- Internal Step Design. Directs water back and forth across UV light tripling the contact time through the unit.
- Ease of Replacement. Unique 4 pin connector for easy bulb replacement without shutting down the system.
- Clear View Port. Allows visible light (no UV) to pass through and indicated bulb is operating.
- Adjustable Clamp. Spring loaded clamp creates a snug fit to any aquarium or reservoir tank.
- UV Bulb. Highest quality, pure hard quartz material allows maximum UV transmission and longer bulb life.
- Compression Coupling and Gasket. Creates water tight seal at quartz sleeve and around ballast cord.
- Electronic Ballast. 10W, 15W and 25W high output UL listed ballast.
- Versatile. Inlet and outlet at top for hang on and at bottom for below aquarium installations. Use inlet ports on each side to connect multiple units together for any size requirement.
- Distribution Plate. Evenly distributes water into chamber.
- Plugs. Plug off inlet ports not in use. Can be removed to drain or clean unit.
- Free Standing Base. Holds AquaStep in place for installations below or beside aquarium.
- Design. Innovative design creates more volume area for increased contact time. Flat side allows snug fit to any aquarium or reservoir tank.
- High Capacity. More capacity than any other make of equal height due to shape of chamber and step design.
- Water Fall. Increases oxygen level by spreading out a thin sheet of gently falling water.
- Adjustment Screws. Keeps unit level when installed in hanging position on tank.
- Injection Molded Construction. Heavy duty thick wall ABS injection molded parts. Built to last.
- Inlet: 1 1/4" Slip or 3/4" FPT
- Outlet: 1 1/4" Slip or 3/4" FPT
- Dimensions: 7.5"W x 3"L x 21"H
- Flow Rate: Up to 450 GPH
- UV Wattage: 15W
Product manuals & documentation
Lifegard Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
Lifegard Aquatics manufactures and supplies a complete line of aquarium, pond, water garden and aquaculture products for the advanced aquarist, pond owner, professional landscaper or contractor. Their proven quality products include life support systems for salt or freshwater use in large or small aquariums, outdoor ponds, fountains and water gardens, as well as fish hatcheries or other commercial installations. Lifegard Aquatic’s product line features filtration units, ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers, pumps of every conceivable size and performance, automatic fish feeders, digital thermometers, filter media, Fittings, valves and other support equipment required for maintaining indoor or outdoor installations.
May 27, 2018
No, I would not recommend this.
Cons: constructed with cheap inferior materials
Stay away from this unit. Cheaply made, hose connections break easily, bulb went out in four months, and glass sleeve cracked when trying to make a water tight seal. I'm sure the manufacturer will state user error, but I assure you it is not!
Will never again purchase products produced by this company. Buyer beware.
Was this review helpful? 4 0
October 29, 2017
No, I would not recommend this.
Not So Sure
Pros: compact, affordable
Cons: leaks, very easy to, over-tighten lamp holder which can break quartz sleeve, requires modifications to prevent water jets from splashing and over-aerating sump.
I've been running Aquastep 25 for over a year in my RedSea Max 400 with the unit outside the Sump and pumping into the water re circulation area. It would be nice to have an extension on the downspout of the unit because of the splash from the water being put out which leaves salt residue all over the walls and door of the tank stand. Also, the water is very aerated, so the return pumps often pick up microbubbles which cloud up the tank. It is also very important to ensure that the connections and drainage screws are in tight - but not too tight to prevent leakage. DO NOT overtighten the unit holding the UV bulb because the quartz sleeve will break!
Was this review helpful? 0 2
August 15, 2016
Yes, I would recommend this.
Crystal Clear Water
Works great. Running with a Quiet One 1200 pump (317gph).. 15 hrs on and off at night (since copepod population is most active during that time). No problems at all during installation. Water quality is awesome.
Was this review helpful? 0 1