TIP: You may change any of the data you've entered at any time if you need to make an adjustment.
- Enter the wattage of each aquarium component in the first column. If you do not know the wattage, try searching for the product on our webite to see if it is listed in the product description.
- In the second column, enter the hours per day that you intend to run each piece of aquarium equipment.
- Enter the number of months per year you plan to run each of your aquarium supplies in the third column. Your chiller, for instance, may only run in the summer months.
- Each time you hit the Tab or Return keys on your keyboard, your totals will be calculated.
- Enter the cost per kilowatt hour ($ Cost/kWh) of your electricity. If you do not know the cost, reference a recent electric bill.
- Hit the Reset button if you'd like to clear the calculator and start over. MarineDepot.com Education Center - Tank Electrical Cost Analysis Calculator