Kent Marine Poly-Ox Red Slime Remover

Kent Marine Poly-Ox Red Slime Remover
Poly Ox is an organic material oxidizer. It does not contain any algaecide. It assists in preventing growth of various cyanobacteria (commonly called red or blue-green slime algae) by simply removing their food source. It will oxidize leftover food, and dissolved and suspended organic matter. This will increase the water quality and provide a better environment for your fish and invertebrates!

Considerations for use: Poly Ox is strong and should be handled with care! It stains skin and clothing! Tank water can temporarily be discolored. If used indiscriminately, Poly Ox can kill inhabitants, so follow the directions! Poly Ox must not be used on systems less than 30 days old or immediately after major water changes (>30%). There must be enough organic matter either dissolved or suspended in the water to necessitate treatment. While using, carefully observe inhabitants. If animals seem stressed, discontinue use immediately. If immediate termination of treatment is desired, a single dose of Kent Ammonia Detox in the same amount of the last addition of Poly Ox will deactivate this product. Wait 2 days after the addition of new animals to continue use. Do not use with chelated copper medications particularly Copper Power brand!

The marine method is completely safe for invertebrates and marine fish. This method takes time, so be patient! True algae will not be affected by Poly Ox. Continue running skimmers. Do not use with ozone, and wait 1 week after ozone use to apply. If you have a redox meter, do not exceed 460 mv! It is recommended that you suspend carbon or resin filtration during use. A large partial water change and a fresh charge of Kent Marine Reef Carbon is recommended at the termination of treatment. After carbon use, apply the appropriate Kent Essential trace mineral for your system.