PhytoTank L System - Phytoplankton Culture Reactor - Poseidon Reef Systems
Grow phytoplankton hassle-free using the PhytoTank L System! The integrated LED light provides uniform lighting for maximal growth and obviates the need for space-consuming banks of fluorescent lights. Cultures take place in disposable culture bags and the PhytoTank`s durable rubber cap has bulkheads for disposable aeration and vent tubes, eliminating the need to extensively clean or disinfect your PhytoTank between cultures. Simply throw out the disposable items and start your next culture! With the PhytoTank, you can harvest your phyto and start a new culture in 10 minutes!
- 3.5 Liter PhytoTank L Reactor
- LED Power Supply (Lights up to 4 PhytoTanks)
- Two-Part Fertilizer (50 ml Part A, 50 ml Part B)
- 1 Culture Pack-L
- (10x) Disposable culture bags
- (10x) Disposable graduated pipettes
- (10x) Disposable vent tubes
- (10x) Disposable aeration tubes
- Aeration tube with air filter
- Instruction manual
Directions for Use:
- Insert vent and aeration tubes into reactor lid
- Clean your workspace, hands, reactor lid, and tubes with rubbing alcohol
- Place one disposable culture bag into the PhytoTank, folding the bag over the threaded opening of the reactor body
- Add freshly mixed saltwater to halfway point
- Add 250 ml of starter culture (not included)
- Add 2ml of Part A and 2 ml of Part B fertilizers
- Install lid and tighten clamp
- Attach supplied air hose with in line filter, then plug in power supply (an outlet timer set to a 16 hour light / 8 hour dark cycle is recommended)
- Harvest phytoplankton after 7-10 days. Dispose of the plastic bag liner, vent, and aeration tubes.
PhytoTank-L Reactor Specifications
|Weight (when empty)||1lb 16 ounces|
|Working Volume||Volume: 3.5 Liters (118 ounces)|
|Recommended Tank Size||100+ Gallons|
|Material||Glass and Rubber|
The PhytoTankLED system is NOT waterproof. Do NOT submerge your PhytoTank. Wipe the PhytoTank with a damp cloth to clean. Keep power supply and power cords away from water. Create a drip loop with your power cord to prevent water from contacting the electronics.
Poseidon Reef Systems was founded by a biochemist and reef hobbyist. He developed the PhytoTank system with the goals of saving space, energy, time, and money while culturing and dosing phytoplankton and copepods. Every element of the design was evaluated using the scientific method to consistently grow dense phytoplankton and copepod populations to feed a reef tank.
December 28, 2020
Yes, I would recommend this.
Easiest way to make phyto
Pros: Easiest and cleanest way to culture microalgae
I have been using these to grow T-iso for over 3 years now. Easiest way to grow micro algae. Very clean, no contamination problems, and can be hidden anywhere. If you want to attempt clownfish breeding this will help your success rate. If you want to simply add a DHA or EPA food source to certain reef inverts there is not easier live option. Maintenance is under 10 minutes a week.
Was this review helpful? 0 0