Gently mixes your calcium hydroxide
Reef Octopus Kalk Stirrer (Nilsen Reactor) carries a high torque low RPM motor that effectively, silently and gently mixes your calcium hydroxide (kalkwasser). This method is not only ideal but is also the safest way of dosing the freshest possible kalkwasser to your reef system. The Reef Octopus Kalk Stirrer is designed to keep the undissolved particles at the bottom of the reactor chamber while always leaving the clear highly saturated kalkwasser liquid at the top. Adding kalk powder couldn’t be easier with just a few twists of the large thumb screws releasing the seal-tight lid for quick and easy kalk refills.
No need for pesky Powerheads
No need for pesky powerheads that randomly need to be cleaned or replace and no more risky dosing with large vats of lime water which take up valuable space. You will never have to worry about premixing or clogs again when using our new innovative and efficient Kalk Stirrer (Nilsen Reactor) which are extremely easy to use and salt-water safe, making them simply the most economical and best kalk reactor out there.
*The Kalk Stirrer uses a motor that has a lifetime of about 1500 hours. Please don’t run unit continuously.
Rated for Aquariums up to 130 Gallons
Footprint: 5.5? x 5.5? | Body Diameter: 4"? | Height: 27.6?
Requires control timer and feed pump
- Raise or Stabilize pH
- Silent Operation
- Solid Construction
- 1/4" quick connect fittings
- Kalk Stirrer Body with Stirrer Pump
- Quick Connect Input and Output: 1/4?
- Water Feed Pump that will deliver water through the reactor
- RO Tubing
Warranty- 1 year manufacturer`s warranty on reactor body
1. Place the reactor in a location where the outlet is higher than the sump. The quick connect outlet is where the kalkwasser will drip from and typically hung over the sump in a high flow area away from any pumps. The output must flow downhill to the sump area.
2. Connect the feed pump from your top off container to the Kalkwasser reactor with 1/4 RO tubing. Peristaltic pumps are preferred due to the high level of accuracy and anti siphon characteristics. (If you are using a peristaltic pump then skip to step #4)
3. If you are using a feed pump like Tom’s Aqualifter then the input tubing should be placed in your reservoir with RO/DI water. Connect the outlet of the pump to a short piece of 1/4” tubing and install a tee fitting with one end securely mounted several feet above the water level of your top off reservoir and the other going to the reactor. The tee is placed in the line to create a siphon break. You may also use a small pump such as a maxijet modded with a fitting on the output to feed water to the reactor. You will have to use a check valve in the line to prevent any back siphoning into your reservoir.
4. The Kalkwasser reactor should be filled 2/3 of the way with RO/DI water.
5. Add enough kalk powder to fill the reactor with approximately 3/4 – 1 cup of kalkwasser. The idea is that the twin blades create a slow motion that gently disturbs the kalk in to solution. (Too much kalk will place stress on the motor and can cause pre-mature failure) Allow the solution to settle for 15 minutes prior to turning the reactor on. Now you are ready to plug the reactor’s transformer into a power source and begin to dose saturated Kalkwasser to your aquarium. The stirrer should be set on a controller to run ever 2 hours for approximately 10-15 minutes. Do not run these units 24/7.
Most orders under $29 ship for only $2.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $29 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $2.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards