Santa Monica Filtration SURF2x Algae Scrubber
The SURF2x is a floating surface upflow algae scrubber with Green Grabber surfaces, and strings for saltwater, designed to reduce your glass cleaning and water changes while creating an environment for living micro-animals to grow inside the scrubber.
The SURF2x offers drop-in installation, reduction or elimination of water changes and nuisance algae, along with almost no-light and almost no-sound, and --possibly most important-- one-handed cleaning with no disassembly required. Compared to the SURF2, the SURF2x has two additional LEDs, as well as the ability to filter tanks with phosphates higher than 0.2 ppm.
- Has over 24 square inches (150 square cm) of extremely rough Green-Grabber® algal growth surface which can grow up to a 2" (5 cm) thick block of green hair algae
- Ideal in saltwater with phosphate higher than 0.2ppm.
- Quiet, near-silent operation
- Creates a lower-nutrient ecosystem inside itself which is different from the rest of the water in your aquarium, allowing for optimal algal growth
- Eliminates almost all salt spray (for saltwater) and allows for minimal bubble production
- Upflow scrubber technology prevents overflow risk-- since it is ALL underwater, it can`t overflow onto your floor
- Comes with 3 ft (90 cm) of dual vinyl airline, but requires a 2-outlet air pump that can pump at least 5.0 total liters per minute (0.2 cfm)
- Will run on both 120V and 240V
- Power supply comes with a 10 ft (300 cm) UL and CE approved power adapter cord with a simple 2-prong U.S. plug, which can easily be modified
- Can be used as a stand-alone filter or in conjunction with most other filters
- Dry-Out proof: Power outages will not affect it since it`s always under water
- Harvested algae can be used to feed your fish, if desired
- Includes a 1 year warranty for replacement or repair
- Needs to be cleaned ("harvested") every 7 to 21 days or when thick with growth
- Includes six red (660 nm) 3-watt LEDs, which are attached to an aluminum heat sink which is painted black to reduce heat; it does get warm
- The LEDs will give the aquarium or sump a slight red color at night when the aquarium lights are off, which will reduce as the SURF2x fills with growth
- The LEDs never need replacing
- A timer is required to run the LEDs for up to 22 hours per day
- Dimensions: 6" wide by 8" long by 3" thick (15 cm wide, 20 cm long, 7.5 cm thick)
- Recommended Water Level: 3" (7.5 cm) of water to operate in
- LEDs: Six red (660 nm) 3-watt LEDs, which are attached to an aluminum heat sink which is painted black to reduce heat; it does get warm
- Requires 2-outlet air pump that can pump at least 5.0 total liters per minute (0.2 cfm), which small low-cost pumps cannot do. Pumps that say they can handle 10 or more airstones, or pumps with 2 tubing attachments instead of one, are best.
|1 - 5 Gallons||5 - 10 Gallons||10 - 40 Gallons||55 - 120 Gallons||180 - 300 Gallons||450+ Gallons|