Shrimp FlorinMulti Complete Multi-Nutrient Fertilizer provides the elements required by plants for survival. These substances are collectively involved in all aspects of the biological and chemical reactions that allow plants to function properly. Shrimp FlorinMulti provides the proper concentrations, found by researchers, to be necessary for long-term health of tropical aquatic plants. These elements and some of the processes that they are involved in, include:
- Potassium - Protein synthesis, water and charge balance, enzyme activation
- Boron - Chlorophyll production, flowering, root growth, cell function
- Carbon - Required for all organic compounds
- Calcium - Cell wall stability and permeability, enzyme activation, cell response to stimuli
- Chlorine - Water and charge balance, photosynthesis
- Iron - Required for photosynthesis, component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions
- Magnesium - Component of chlorophyll, enzyme activation
- Manganese - Formation of amino acids, enzyme activation
- Molybdenum and Cobalt - Required for nitrate reduction
- Nickel - Enzyme activation, processing of nitrogenous material
- Sulfur - Component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth
- Zinc - Chlorophyll production, enzyme activation.
Note that Oxygen and Hydrogen are also required, but are available at all times through water, and so are not included in the list of components that comprise this solution. Shrimp FlorinMulti does not contain phosphorus or nitrogen; our extensive experience with planted aquarium husbandry has led us to believe that these nutrients should be added directly if/when desired by the hobbyist in accordance with plant needs, rather than in a broad spectrum nutrient solution.
- Copper free and shrimp safe.
- Provides 13 elements critical to long-term health, growth, and coloration of aquatic plants.
- Elemental ratio reflects current understanding of general requirements for unrestricted growth of tropical aquatic plants.
- May be used to establish beneficial water parameters in new aquaria, to replenish depleted elemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to re-establish concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
- Well-suited to the planted aquarium hobbyist seeking one simple solution to use for the majority of plant husbandry requirements (e.g. aside from instances when specific water parameters require adjustment).
- Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements and Shrimp Biotopes.
- Basic: Shake product well before using. For the first 3 - 5 weeks of use, add 2 ml (1 pump if equipped with a pump, or 2 threads on cap) of product per 6 to 10 US-gallons of aquarium water twice each week; increase dosage thereafter depending upon perceived nutrient needs of plants. Densely-planted aquaria and/or those that enjoy rapid plant growth (such as aquaria with intense lighting and CO2 supplementation) may benefit from more frequent supplementation. When used in this fashion, 500 ml treats up to 2,500 US-gallons (9,500 L). To increase plant growth rate, use Shrimp FlorinGro+ together with this product. Note: Shrimp FlorinMulti will help establish water chemistry conducive to long-term plant health and growth; specific nutrient requirements may be addressed with other Brightwell Aquatics supplements.
- Advanced: Daily dosing is recommended, as it maintains a more stable and natural environment than dosing weekly, in which nutrient concentrations spike just after dosing and then gradually decrease throughout the course of the week. To dose daily, add 6 drops per 20 US-gallons per day; adjust dosing volume after 3 - 5 weeks in accordance with appearance of plants and perceived need for nutrients. If, through continued dosing, the concentration of elements in an aquarium is in excess of that required by plants for continued health, some amount of enrichment may occur; this does not negatively impact the plants. Enrichment is minimized by ensuring that none of the nutrients becomes limiting to plant production, and in many cases the limiting nutrient will be carbon; in such instances, adding a carbon source can dramatically increase the rate of plant growth, and the growth rate itself may be controlled to some extent by regulating the amount of carbon made available. In this manner, the rate of plant growth may be made more manageable by the hobbyist if such rapid growth is unwanted.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.