SpectraPure`s new Mega MaxCap™ Performance Plus™ 5-Stage Ultra-High-Efficiency Reverse Osmosis / Deionization system is designed to deliver ultrapure water (18.2 megohms) with very low amounts of waste water and significantly reduced operating costs. Designed with water savings in mind, the new Performance Plus UHE RO/DI can be operated at a 1:1 waste to pure water ratio, even in areas with extreme TDS levels. Using technologies found only in more complex low-wastewater RO systems, and incorporating a SpectraSelect Plus™ 99% rejection RO membrane, this system includes an integral booster pump to maintain membrane feed pressure along with a microprocessor controlled pure-water flush cycle for top-of-the-line rejection and increased membrane longevity.
The Performance Plus is SpectraPure’s first automated RODI system to utilize the new Mega MaxCap™ DI cartridge as a DI “roughing” stage, followed by the new High Performance Enduro DI™ cartridge as the final “polishing” stage. Arranged in this configuration, these newly formulated DI cartridges are designed to work together to greatly increase overall DI cartridge life while improving phosphate removal characteristics and providing a longer dwell time at ultrapure product water levels.
The system’s two Dual-Probe inline TDS meters make it easy to monitor tap water, RO water after membrane, first DI stage TDS as well as final DI product water. Multi-point system TDS monitoring coupled with a Mega MaxCap DI helps take the guesswork out of when to replace DI cartridges, thereby maintaining ultrapure product water at “Zero TDS” levels while optimizing cartridge life. Enjoy saving dollars with less frequent DI cartridge changes, while achieving incredible water savings with a true 1:1 product-to-wastewater ratio system.
- Produces 100 Gallons Per Day - or more!
- Ultra-High Efficiency / Ultra-Low Waste ( at 1:1 or better)
Significantly reduced operating cost:
- Longer Membrane Life
- Longer DI Cartridge Life
- Reduces water usage
- Integral Booster Pump: System can operates in areas with supply pressures as low as 20psi
- Top quality individually tested SpectraSelect Plus High-Rejection RO Membrane
Automatic Pure Water Membrane Flush*
- Provides extended RO Membrane life
- Eliminates TDS Creep! The first drop is as good as the last drop
- Longer DI Cartridge Life
High-Capacity Dual-Stage DI System
- Mega MaxCap™ DI Cartridge (1st DI Stage)
- Enduro DI™ High-Performance Mixed-Bed Deionization Cartridge (2nd DI Stage)
- Two Dual-Probe Inline Digital TDS Meters accurately monitors water purity at 4 different process stages eliminating guessing and assuring "Zero TDS" product water
- Liquid Filled Pressure Gauge monitors membrane feed pressure & indicates Pre-Filter cartridge status.
- Filter Wrench for easy removal of Pre-Filter and DI Cartridges
- Dual Electric Float Switches work with microprocessor controller to automate system operation, to fill and replenish any size of atmospheric storage tank or reservoir.
* Pure water reservoir is required to fully automate system flush cycle
SpectraPure Aquarium Supplies
SpectraPure was established in 1985 and is located in Tempe, Arizona, home of Arizona State University. SpectraPure is dedicated to excellence in the design and manufacture of water filtration and purification systems for household, commercial, laboratory and light industrial applications. Their product lines includes a full range of systems and equipment, including drinking water systems, water softeners, filtration systems, reverse osmosis units, RO/DI and deionization systems and many other technological innovations and water purification accessories. SpectraPure provides innovative, state-of-the-art solutions to water purity problems and applications.
July 27, 2019
Yes, I would recommend this.
Pros: Quality, easy set up, booster pump
Cons: A little pricey but well worth it.
After getting this set up i can easily say this is far better than the one it is replacing. I especially like having the automatic clean water back washing to prolong the membrane lifespan. The instructions were very helpful and the setup was smooth, up and running within an hour.
Was this review helpful? 2 0