Tropic Marine Carbo-Calcium - 1000ML
Ultra concentrated calcium and carbonate hardness for advanced reef aquarists .
With Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium, the total calcium and carbonate hardness needs of a typical reef aquarium can be covered with a single solution, without any additional unwanted compounds or excess carbon dioxide being created.
Minerals are consumed through the growth of organisms and other processes in the aquarium and must therefore be supplemented regularly. These include mainly calcium and carbonate hardness elements for the growth of the calcareous skeletons of stony corals, red coralline algae and other reef organisms. The special coordinated components in Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium provide excellent care conditions in only a single solution.
Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium prevents all the side effects of other methods of calcium hardness: the pH remains stable; there is no excess CO2 and there is no risk of unwanted phosphates being introduced through coral breakage. In addition, there is neither a creeping increase in salinity, nor increased oxygen consumption through carbon compounds.
- For the first time, the calcium and carbonate supply is possible with only a single solution
- Every day, a few ml of highly concentrated solution are enough to cover the entire calcium and carbonate hardness needs
- Suitable for all aquarium sizes
- No formation of by-products (e.g. sodium chloride); the salinity and the ion balance are not altered
- No formation of excess carbon dioxide
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with soft corals, LPS, SPS and/or other filter feeders
- Easy to apply – suitable both for manual dosing and for dosing pumps
How to use:
- Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume.
- Increase the daily dosage – by continuous control of the alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached. At the same time, check the calcium concentration in the aquarium – it should be between 400-440 mg/l.
- Do not exceed a maximum daily dose of 25 ml of Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume.
- 1000 ml Tropic Marin® Carbo-Calcium contain 40,000 mg calcium and 5,600 °carbonate hardness.
Tropic Marin: A strong foundation in science and hobby: The successful methods and techniques of today`s marine aquarists are the result of a close collaboration between serious hobbyists, scientists and specialists at public aquariums. Tropic Marin came about in exactly the same way over 30 years ago! This close cooperation resulted in one of the first complete one-part synthetic marine salt mixtures that provided the optimum natural environment for the professional as well as the private aquarist.