Tunze Care Magnet Algae Cleaner w/ Care Booster Floats - Strong
The Tunze Care Magnet is a breath of fresh air in the field of aquarium pane cleaner design, consisting of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic. The patented slim Care Magnet is significantly more compact than conventional algae magnets with a large cleaning surface, it is unobtrusive and therefore able to remain within the aquarium without disrupting the overall scenery.
Why care? This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefore even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade.
The inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae from the glass panes considerably better than a flat cleaning surface - almost as well as a sharp metal blade. The life of each blade ranges from several months to approximately one year.
The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae (e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae).
The Care Magnet also includes a pair of Care Booster Floats to ensure that the inner cleaning magnet of the Care Magnet floats to the surface of your tank as soon as it detaches from the outer magnet. The Care Booster Floats can also serve as a convenient grip aid for the external magnet, if desired.
- Dual-sided: Equipped with a narrow blade to remove tightly attached algae and a wide blade for larger-scale algae removal
- Slim design to avoid disturbing plants and corals
- Can be used on round or round-arched aquarium panes
- Plastic blades with rounded edges enable a smooth transition between panes without damaging silicone joints
- Rolls algae up rather than simply dusting it off, turning the algae film into a food source for your fish
- Can also be used as a hand scraper
- Includes set of Care Booster Floats for easy retrieval in case of detachment
- Suitable for Glass thickness from 15mm (1/2") to max. 20mm (3/4")
- Dimensions: Width 86mm (3.4 in.), length 140mm (5.5 in.)
For forty-five years the name TUNZE® has been synonymous with aquariums. Many products and components which we have developed in the course of time are now standard features of aquarium technology today. This confidence in TUNZE is no coincidence. The company has remained true to its philosophy right from the beginning, researching water biotopes all over the world to develop components which enable natural water conditions in the closed environment of an aquarium. In the implementation of know-how, effectiveness and efficiency, TUNZE® takes the lead in environmental compatibility. Their motto is: quality and reliability. These values are upheld with well thought-out and precise tool making by highly qualified experts. The brand names of TUNZE® and Turbelle® meet the expectations of the seal of quality; Made in Germany. Many of the products shown in this catalogue are protected by national and international patents.