Skimming, filtering and aerating a saltwater aquarium without power consumption is impossible. But, no unit uses less current than TUNZE® DOC Skimmer 9430. The DOC Skimmer has equivalent performance to much larger skimmers consuming more than twice as much power. In addition, no settings are required, it is extremely silent and it is easy to operate.
The DOC Skimmer 9430 DC offers the same characteristic features as the DOC Skimmer 9430 , but is additionally equipped with the electronic Hydrofoamer 9430.044 DC, a controller and a power supply.
The performance of the skimmer can easily be adjusted using the power regulation on the controller (1), thus providing a greater degree of flexibility, for example, in aquariums which are heavily polluted with proteins.
There is a special “cup cleaning” button to execute the cup cleaning process. It switches the pump off and on again, so that the cup can be removed from the aquarium without bubbles. The Hydrofoamer will automatically switch on again after approx. 10 minutes, if the pump has not already been activated again through a repeated manual actuation of the “cup cleaning” button. If the Hydrofoamer is stopped, the air
jet will be rinsed. This significantly extends the maintenance intervals of the device.
The Hydrofoamer can also remain in operation and rinses automatically all airways and the air jet.
- Skimmer cup with large capacity; can be removed easily.
- Intermediate chamber with phase water: The patented Anti-Overfoaming System prevent an overfoaming of the skimmer and regulates the skimming action according to surface tension of the aquarium water and water level. The skimmer operates independently and automatically sets its best efficiency.
- Hydrofoamer Silence places the air generator at the top of its product class.
- The removable post-filter at the outlet of the skimmer permits perfect mechanical filtration through 300 µm (11.8 mil) nylon mesh with little biological action only. This ensures that no unwanted nutrient and nitrate sources develop in case of longer cleaning intervals. The filter can be filled with other filter media, such as activated carbon or phosphate absorber.
- The inner mixing cylinder stabilizes the foam rise in the body and ensures bubble-free output water.
- Stable base which also reduces the water velocity in the lower zone of the skimmer.
- “Anti-foaming system” in three steps: After the improvement of the water parameters, the skimmer returns to the normal operating condition again.
1. Normal foam production: the foam rises evenly into the foam reactor.
2. Overfoaming A: Foam production increases due to the surface tension and pulls the bubbles out of the foam reactor.
3. Overfoaming B: Foam production increases further, bubble production is stopped immediately, foam production is reduced.
- Energy Saving
- Recommended for salt water aquariums up to 3,500 liters (925 USgal.).
- Immersion depth from 100 to 200 mm (3.9 to 7.8 in.)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 350 x 300 x 490 mm (13.8 x 11.8 x 19.3 in.)
- Water flow rate: adjustable up to 2,500l/h (660 US gal.),
- Air flow performance: adjustable up to 1,800 l/h (476 US gal./h)
- Energy consumption: up to approx. 38 W
- Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Cable length: 3 m up to Turbelle® controller
- Skimmer cup volume: 2 liters (.5 USgal.)
- Dimensions of the skimmer cup including lid: ø215 x H.218 mm (8.46" x H. 8.58")
- To be able to take off skimmer cup it must be raised by 71 mm (2.80") at least.
For forty-five years the name TUNZE® has been synonymous with aquariums. Many products and components which we have developed in the course of time are now standard features of aquarium technology today. This confidence in TUNZE is no coincidence. The company has remained true to its philosophy right from the beginning, researching water biotopes all over the world to develop components which enable natural water conditions in the closed environment of an aquarium. In the implementation of know-how, effectiveness and efficiency, TUNZE® takes the lead in environmental compatibility. Their motto is: quality and reliability. These values are upheld with well thought-out and precise tool making by highly qualified experts. The brand names of TUNZE® and Turbelle® meet the expectations of the seal of quality; Made in Germany. Many of the products shown in this catalogue are protected by national and international patents.
Most orders under $29 ship for only $2.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $29 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $2.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards