Brightwell Xport BIO Cubes FRESHWATER 1/2 inch Cubes Biological Filtration Media - 500ml
Brightwell Aquatics` Freshwater XPort Bio Cubes are a high-porosity biological filtration media with nanointelex technology for all ponds & freshwater aquariums.
- For use in all freshwater, planted and shrimp aquariums, may also be used in marine and reef aquariums.
- Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere.
- Provides huge amounts of aerobic and anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial colonization.
- Provides over 71,000 square feet (6,596 square meters) of useable surface area for each liter of XPort BIO Cubes for bacterial colonization.
- When properly colonized, and used as directed, XPORT will reduce toxic ammonia and nitrites to near zero in all aquariums and ponds.
- Significantly reduces phosphate and dissolved organics.
- Works excellently as the only filtration medium for the aquarium or pond or may be employed in addition to other filtration media.
- 500 ml treats up to 200 gallons aquarium capacity.
Instructions & Guidelines
|Use about 2 to 4 XPORT BIO CUBES for every 10 U.S. gallons (38 L) of system capacity, more for heavy bio loads. Rinse material well with aquarium water or purified tap water. For superior results, seed the material using MICROBACTER START XLF, FLORINBACTER7, MICROBACTER7 or FLORINBACTERCLEAN, as appropriate for your aquarium, by placing XPORT BIO CUBES in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, and then adding the full recommended dose of either bacterial product, based on the size of your aquarium, to that container. Allow to stand overnight and then add the seeded XPORT BIO CUBES to your system. Discard the soak water. It is recommended that you use sponge, fine filter floss or other mechanical filtration ahead of XPORT BIO CUBES to prevent clogging with organic material. For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source for growing bacteria, such as Brightwell Katalyst bio pellets or liquid REEF BIOFUEL or FLORINAXIS as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their label. For maximum nitrification, place in an area of good flow with good oxygenation.|
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human use or consumption. Do not fluidize or allow to rub against other filtration material which could cause grinding down.
Contains inert, man made high porosity ceramic stone. Weight varies, sold by volume not by weight.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.